Produce as much cleaner and sanitizer as needed on demand, right in your plant. Klarion solutions can be widely used throughout your plant. They can be fed into CIP systems and used in pressure washers, mobile carts, buckets, handheld sprayers, spray guns and spray bottles. Clean and disinfect when and where needed – equipment, tanks, totes, work and break areas, bathrooms, floors and more.
Klarion solutions are just as effective as hazardous conventional chemicals. The sanitizer has demonstrated efficacy against human coronavirus and other viruses more resilient to disinfection than SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19. Klarion solutions are produced in ready-to-use concentrations, eliminating the need for dangerous dilution. They are non-irritating to eyes and skin with no added fragrance.
A Closer Look at Klarion System Technology
The Klarion system uses exclusive electrochemical activation (ECA) technology to produce powerful cleaning and sanitizing solutions that can replace toxic, traditional chemicals. The system is installed in your facility and produces solutions on demand using just salt, water and electricity.
What is ECA?
ECA processes go by many names: electrolyzed water, electro-activated water, electrolyzed oxidizing water and electrochemically activated solutions. All these names describe a similar process. An electrochemical cell uses electricity, high-purity salt and soft tap water to produce two solutions – a cleaner and a sanitizer – or a single sanitizing solution. The cleaning solution is an alkaline solution that both cleans and degreases surfaces. The sanitizer is a strong oxidizer with powerful antimicrobial activity. ECA type systems can also be used to generate bleach (sodium hypochlorite).
On-site use of ECA technology has not achieved widespread market adoption because most equipment can't fully utilize the salt in their input streams. Most of the salt is converted during the electrolytic process but traces remain in the output solutions. The salt can lead to corrosion when the solutions are used for cleaning or sanitizing metal surfaces.
The Patented Klarion Technology:
- An electrical current separates the positive- and negative-charged ions out of a sodium chloride salt solution
- The ions are pulled through proprietary ion exchange membranes to produce two solutions: a sodium hydroxide cleaner and a hypochlorous acid sanitizer
- Klarion ECA technology is unique in two ways:
- It produces pure, salt-free solutions by separating the salt source from the liquid flow path in the electrolytic cell. Unlike similar ECA produced solutions, Klarion salt-free solutions can be used on metal surfaces without the risk of corrosion
- Superior electrolytic cell design results in longer cell life and maintenance-free operation
There are no upfront costs or capital expenditures required to get started with the Klarion system. You pay monthly based on the volume of cleaner and sanitizer produced.